Monday, December 7, 2015

Hello Family and Friends! 

Crazy things going on here in the city of Calgary or as many people call it the YYC (apparently that is the Airport sign for Calgary... I don't know but it has become really popular here). This week has been pretty sweet with our zone training meetings in the North and in our own Zone. We had quite the week and ended up going up to Airdrie for some splits with Sister Durrant and Sister Pipkin. We have a lot of things that are going to happen this coming week which includes quite a few potential investigators as well as a Stake Christmas musical fireside. We also had a Hot Chocolate Stand on Saturday as a zone and handed out the #asaviorisborn cards for the new Christmas video this year. (If you haven't seen it, please go to christmas.mormon.org)! 

Our ward Christmas party was this week and it was crazy. There were so many family members and friends and nonmembers there that there had to be two extra tables set up. I didn't really know where to start when it came to talking to people but we had Eddy (our investigator there) as well as 3 less-actives and some friends. Heavenly Father is really opening the opportunities for us in this area. I love that he is helping us to see that their are chances to testify all around us if we just take them. Other then that this week was pretty normal. We still went to the food bank and weekly planned but it did have some Christmas flare on it with Ginderbread houses during our dinner appointments and Christmas devotionals and Choir practices. I am grateful for this season that I have to focus on my Savior. I really have a desire to strengthen my testimony of Christ so that I can continue to live according to His will for the rest of my life and I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me this chance. 

There are going to be some pretty crazy things going on this next transfer. We had a complete stake change happen in Calgary this past week. Our stake didn't get changed at all, but there was a whole new stake created and all of the other stakes were rearranged! Crazy! I am grateful for the chance that I have had to serve with Sister Layton and as a missionary. I hope that you all have a great week and that you know how much I love you. Don't forget the reason for the season! 

Love,
Sister Jensen 







No comments:

Post a Comment