Friday, December 12, 2014

Happy Transfer Day

Happy new transfer!!!!!
I seriously can't believe that I have been out for 3 months already!! I can tell that this is going to be a good transfer. Speaking of transfers, Sister Martin is now down south in good old Cardston as a Sister Training Leader!!! WHOOT WHOOT. And my new companion here in Evergreen is....... SISTER GARDNER. Funny story about Sister Gardner is that she is also from Arizona of the Mesa variety, and she trained Sister Martin so in the way of mission posterity she is my Grandmother!!! She only has one more transfer left so it looks like I might be in Evergreen for at least 3 more months. The whole mission did a pretty big turn-around this transfer. News came from Salt Lake that we shouldn't have Elders and Sisters serving in the same ward, so many areas were purged and many companions (everyone in my Zone) changed companions. Although I am sad to see many of them leave, I am excited for the new people in our areas that I can get to know and love.
Sister Gardner is probably the cutest. Most patient and well trained missionary I have seen. I feel like I am on just one large exchange because she knows so much, and I have already learned so much from her and her ways of doing things. I am still finding out every day what I have to offer as a missionary, and why my talents are needed in Evergreen. Oh and one of the best things that I have learned from her so far is that I need to write in my journal... EVERY DAY. Although I am not the biggest fan of doing so, I know that I will kick myself if I don't.
The work here in Evergreen is going really well. I feel like as soon as I got a new companion and am no longer training in this area, I see how much potential the area has. We have made a goal of having 2 baptisms by the end of the transfer, and we are excited to work as hard as we can to make that happen, with the aid of the Lord. I have been taking Sister Gardner around all week to meet members and investigators. So far we have had one lesson with Janet, and I am super excited because she said that after these last three packs of cigarettes that she is done smoking!!!!! We are praying for her every day and fasting for her to succeed. We have appointments set up with all of our other investigators, and I am excited to see the difference that the gospel can make in their life.
This week was also full of many celebrations. On Thursday we went and set up for the Shawnessy Christmas party, and then the next day we served at the Shawnessy party. They had so much food left over that they were able to fill 20 disposable roasting pans with leftovers!!!! Plus they had like 300 people there. On Saturday we had our Christmas party using the decorations from the night before. We had a pretty good turn out with like 5 less-actives and Janet came. The Morante family was in charge of the party, and they had their son's salsa group dance for us. Not the usual Christmas celebration, but still pretty cool.
Sunday, or yesterday, was Fast Sunday. I really enjoy being able to bear my testimony to the congregation, and I felt strongly that I needed to after feeling the spirit so strongly during the sacrament. Later that night we had the opportunity to watch the Christmas devotional, and I hope that each of you were able to, or will be able to watch it. We actually had an investigator Marian show up without us knowing and then she called us later and said that she had been there and really enjoyed it. Overall, all is well and new her in the Evergreen area. The weather has warmed up quite a bit and is supposed to stay nice for most of the week (Which is really nice because I have been assigned as the designated driver). I am thankful every day for the growth that I am able to have and the experiences that allow me to grow closer to my Father in Heaven. Thank you for all of the support that you give me and the love that you have.

Sister Kelliann Jensen.

Hi Mom!!!
I don't have a lot of time to send a full email, but I sent a family one so hopefully you get that and can read it soon. My new companion's name is Sister Gardner. She actually trained Sister Martin and has one transfer left on her mission. She is also from Arizona. Snow wise there is a lot of snow on the ground, but it has been there for a while so it actually looks quit brown and kind of gross. Calgary is not the best when it comes to plowing the roads.... so I am really grateful to have snow tires because I am driving this transfer. I did get on of your packages. The one with the stocking in it. I told Sister Peters to hide it from me so that I wouldn't be tempted to open it. I am not sure on a time for skyping just yet, but I will let you know I soon as I know. I knew that dad would be a good wrapper; I have seen him wrap things before :) I love you lots!! Hope you have a great week.

Love Kelliann



This was our last day together before transfer.


No comments:

Post a Comment