Monday, December 22, 2014

It's Christmas time!

Hi Dad!!!
As far as I remember... or at least as far as my last high school year Paradise Valley Community College did have a flute choir that they do. Rachel and I were considering joining a while back, but both of us got busy doing other things. It sounds like your Christmas concert went really well!!! I wish that I could have been there to see it but I know that you where definitely aided by the Lord. It is crazy that even the smallest things, or the things that should be small to Him, He helps us with. We had our Christmas program this week as well, and although Sister Cobb did a good job at putting it together, yours sounds like it was full of excitement and the spirit. We had a women’s choir that sang a song about Mary and a bunch of other musical numbers, one by a girl in the ward named Kaylin who did a wonderful arrangement of We Three Kings on the piano. I think that I might start asking people in the ward for their favorite arrangement of pieces so that I can expand my repertoire. I will let Sister Peters know about the skype information and I can't wait to talk to you on Thursday at 10 am.... also I was wondering if you could possibly read the Christmas story like you used to do every Christmas eve. I didn't realize how much I missed that until I came out on my mission. I love you!!!

Kelliann (Sister Jensen)

Well it is finally the week of Christmas and also my four month mark as a missionary!!!! I can't believe that it has already been four months and that soon it will be 2015. Probably the weirdest thought of my life. I must say that I am kind of disappointed because it still has not snowed here and we have had two Chinooks in a row so really it just feels like I am in Arizona. It even reach like plus 7 yesterday which I think is like 45 degrees in the States...
I must say that Canadians are obsessed with those inflatable decorations. I think that there is one on like every third house depending on the street you go down. I definitely don't get the hype over it all, but I do see a lot of Olaf's and even some Ninja Turtles and Angry Birds. Because it is the Christmas season, I have been experiancing the Canadian version of Christmas baking. We have these things called Nanimo bars up here that are basically choclate, some sort of custardy chocolate coconut thing.... you should look it up it is really good. Also Canadians have never heard of Toffee.... lets just say that I will be making some on Christmas eve. Speaking of Christmas baking, on Saturday we went over to a members house and helped them do a bunch of their Christmas baking. They have been sick for about 3 weeks and didn't have the energy to do it, plus they are probably about the sweetest ladies I have ever met. We made Lemon Merigue Pie, Almond Roca Bars, and Sugar Cookies. All of them where from the box, but we had fun and it was honestly easier.
The Christmas season is a lot of fun as a missionary. We spent time on Sunday going around to doors and Christmas caroling to all of the house. We have these awesome pass alond cards for the "HE is the Gift" program (christmas.mormon.org), and so it is really easy to just give some one a  card and ask that they watch the video on the link. This week we will be going to the Christmas Nativity Pagent over at Heritage Park, and having Hot Chocolate after which should be a lot of fun and a great way for members to bring their friends out to things.
I think one of the most frustrating thing about the season though is that every keeps telling us to come back after the new year... which means that we will be quit busy when the new year does come, however it leaves room for people to contemplate and for them to get into some anti stuff which is never fun to help them out of.
The members that we did the Christmas baking for told us that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir did a version of the Christmas Carol on PBS this week. Over all things are going pretty great up here in the Great not so white North. The work is moving a long, we have found many people to teach, and the members are amazing. I hope that this week we all take time to remember what our Saviour, Jesus Christ, has done for us and the love that our Father in Heavenly has for you. And if you don't know that, I highly suggest that you check out the link posted above. I know that remembering that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and that I have a way back to Him through my Saviour that I am not only more confindent, but loving, grateful, and happy. Our Father in Heaven has a plan for us called the Plan of Happiness and it is all because of our Redeemer, Jesus Christ that that plan came to pass. I love you all and hope that the Christmas season has brought you happiness and warmth. I found this quote yesterday as I was studying and I hope that it brings you as much comfort as it did me. I love you all...

"Quite: God at Work. Meanwhile, hold on, Child of God. Keep believing. Don't quit. Don't give up. Let God do His work in you. The greatest tragedy is to miss what God wants to teach us through our troubles." - Ray Pritchard"Why has this happened to me"

Love Sister (Kelliann) Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment