Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Oh how I love your Chili!

Dad
 Oh how I love your Chili!! The bar sounds like it is going to be nice. Thank you for giving me an update of Sarah, I was actually going to ask you today if you had heard anything about that. Maybe she will come up to Calgary and I will get to be her trainer??? Oh and someone in my ward gave me new food for thought on what to do when I get home. I have been thinking about it because it is one of the most common things that we get asked by members and I think I might have to go for being a music teacher... maybe with Oboe emphasis. I am not sure yet and I try not to think about it too much but Sister Bishop told be about Southern Virginia University, which is basically a Mormon school in Virginia but it is a lot smaller then BYU... I don't know just food for thought. I love you and I hope that you have a wonderful week. Sister Kelliann Jensen  

Hello Everyone!!!!
 I must admit that Calgary has some of the weirdest weather that I have ever experienced. This week it hasn't been below 7 degrees Celsius during the day all week, and it even hit 16 degrees which is like 50 degrees in Fahrenheit. It is supposed to stay up in the positives all week, but who knows we could have 4 feet of snow by next week if Calgary really felt like it.This week has been quite busy. There are a lot of things that I am getting used to in my new area, but honestly it feels more like I have been here for a month instead of a week. So much was accomplished this week that I feel like I am running around from appointment to appointment all of the time. I have officially met with all of our investigators and less-actives in our area, and there are quite a handful. I am excited to work with them and see how my testimony can help strengthen theirs. So let’s see what happened this week.... So I can't remember what I told you last week about our investigators, but we have these two amazing investigators named Jasleen and Morgan who are 14 and 13. This week we ended up meeting with Morgan twice and during the second lesson she told us that she finished the Book of Mormon!!! In less than two months!!! And she is only 13. She is such an amazing girl and she has such a desire to follow Jesus Christ. She comes to church every week, and I feel like she is an amazing example to our ward and other investigators. Jasleen came to church this week as well and we have plans for this Wednesday to talk to them both about the temple because the youth will be going that day. It is so fun to be able to meet and teach the youth in this area! Wednesday was soooo crazy. We ended up having 3 member present lessons, 1 other lesson, and received 2 new referrals for the area. Kirsten, one of our investigators is progressing quite nicely. We had a lesson on the Word of Wisdom and she has agreed to start living it. My testimony about the word of wisdom has definitely grown to new heights. Heavenly Father has so much respect for our individual agency that he doesn't even want substances to rule our lives. It harbors our ability to listen to the spirit and feel of His love within us. Although Kirsten didn't come to church, Sister Bullock and I felt the need to go over to her house and teach a lesson. Although we still have two more lessons to teach, we feel like inspired that it would be best for her to reemphasize the lessons that we have already taught by reading with her from the Book of Mormon. She will be moving at the end of February to a different part of our area, and we want to make sure that her testimony of the gospel as well as the Book of Mormon grows as we teach her in this crazy time in her life. It was a wonderful lesson, and I am excited to go back. Because tomorrow is Zone Conference, I have been studying some specific things that President wants us to read before we come. As I began my studies this morning, I only got about a bullet point in before I had a sudden and more full understanding of a topic that I felt like I understood long before. Faith. Faith as defined in the scriptures is something hoped for that is not seen. As I was reading in "True to the Faith"... "Faith is a principle of action and power. Whenever you work toward a worthy goal, you exercise faith. You show your hope for something that you cannot yet see." I had a sudden understanding of how the gospel changes us, and why Faith is the first Principle of the gospel. When you have faith in Jesus Christ, you are willing to follow him and his example even though we can't see that he is there for us. However by the spirit we can understand and know that He is our personal Savior through scripture study, prayer, church attendance and many other things in our lives. With faith, we can experience miracles beyond our understanding, but without faith... or acting on our belief, the miracles in our lives cease. I am grateful to have grown up in a gospel that teaches me to have faith in my Savior. I hope that all of you have had a great week. It sounds like Arizona is in big football mode... I honestly forgot that the Superbowl was coming up... I love you all and I hope that you know how much I love each and every one of you. Remember in the hardest of times, look towards your Savior in Faith. I promise you that things will work out as they should.
Love Sister Kelliann Jensen 
P.S - Oh by the way, look up the language of Sinhala. We have an investigator from Sri Lanka and we just got a Book of Mormon for him in his language. Soooo cool... 

Hi Mommy!!!
I don't have a lot of time for emails today because I have to read the "Online Missionary Service Handbook". Tell Grandma that I have been getting her cards but that she doesn't have to send money. I know she likes to but I really am okay. Arizona sounds like a mad house. It really is weird to have two companions in a row that are going home, but I am hoping that I will be able to be a good example to her as she prepares to head out. I love you so much. Let me know how the fondue goes and tell the girls thank you for the Christmas present that they sent me. I LOVED IT. Tell grandma that if this trend of weather in Canada keeps us she could come up here for the same weather as she would get in Arizona right now. I mean 50 degrees??? Weird. I love you lots. Kelliann  

No comments:

Post a Comment