Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Birthday, Mother's Day, and a Great Missionary Week

Hello Everybody!!!
This week was such and amazing week!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better week considering it was my birthday on Monday (Pday), Mother's Day on Sunday (SKYPE CALLS), AND we had an awesome week teaching and seeing both investigators and less-active members!!! I really rather enjoyed all of it. Starting off on monday we had Pday including yummy Fish tacos with the Sister Training Leaders!! We then went to Pday and threw a party for the Elders in the Zone that had a birthday in the past transfer. We had cake-in-a-mugs, muffins, and a Pinata. After that we ended up going to dinner with one of Bishop Diaz's family. They took us out to a Chinese Buffet for my birthday. After all of the fun and celebrations on Pday, we went and say one of our new less-actives and the most awesome week started after that. This week started a new goal that our mission has. Consistently for the past month we have only had around 30 people on date to be baptized but 100 progressing investigators. Our mission president is inviting up to pray everyday at 1 pm about what we call the #MayNifty50... BY the end of the month we wish to have 50 people on Date and I can tell you that the Lord provides and progresses His work. This week we got to see every single investigator that I have ever taught in the area plus all of the Less-Actives that we wished to see. We had the first lesson with just about all of them and committed 5 of our investigators to be baptized. They don't have a date yet, but one of the investigators we are teaching, Christina is now on date for June 20th!!!!! I am so grateful the the hand in the Lord in our work this week. I know that it is only through the Lord that we can truly change and become better, and it is so amazing being able to teach all of the wonderful people in this area.
I have been a little sad lately because as the transfer comes to an end, we have so much going on and I have a feeling that I will only be in this area for the rest of the transfer. I love Prairie Winds so much. The members are amazing, the people that we teach are great and so humble and the less-actives are sweet. I love the diversity of the area and the people that we see everyday. How many times do you get to see a Sikh parade as you are driving to an appointment with someone from South Sudan... I love it so much but I know that the Lord has a plan for all of us and that He has a plan for this area. On Sunday at church, our Relief Society President was released and as she bore her testimony, she told about some of the boys in her choir class who are so obsessed with making sure that the chairs are straight that they often stay behind until they area. She had to go back several times and tell them that although it is important for the chairs to be straight that it is even more important to stay with the group. She then said that it is like that with us. Even when we don't feel like our job is done there will always be someone else to come and straighten the Chairs. I have learned so much as a trainer, with Sister Kendrick, in this Area, and from the people that I work with every day. From the ups and downs I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for His love and the experiences that He gives me that help me to become more like him. I hope that everyone is having a great week and I pray that you will recognize the hand of the Lord in your life this week and always. I love you all so much and am so sorry if you ever feel like I don't give enough information on the area, the people, the work or simply how I am doing. I realized on Sunday talking to Mom and Dad that I am not the best at giving updates... unless I am talking to you face to face. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU MOM'S!!! I LOVE YOU!!
Pictures...


One of our investigator's son's telling us they have prayed about the Book of Mormon. (Facebook is awesome for follow up!!!)
Sister Willicome got me Tulips!!

No comments:

Post a Comment