Saturday, May 9, 2015

May the Fourth....er Faith be with you!

Hello Family and Friends!!!

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes!!! I don't really know what to say except that I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me soo many people in my life and letting me feel of their love from miles away!!! I also don't really know what to say about being 20 either... I don't feel any different... but maybe that will come with time!!

This week has been really good. We had many beautiful days and then lots of windy days too.... I am not a big fan of wind but hey all is well. Some exciting things for this week!!! I got so into the Book of Mormon this week that I ended up reading like 15 pages of Mosiah in an hour... I hardly ever do that but I am grateful because now ever morning I am more excited than ever to get up in the morning and read... especially when I can see the Hand of the Lord helping me as I read to find answers for the people that I teach that day!! I know truly that the Lord prepares us in all aspects of our lives, changing our hearts little by little and bringing us closer to Him, I am also grateful that I get to be a part of it!!!

Anyway the Big Topic of study this week has been Change!!!!! And let me tell you I have learned sooo much!! Especially about the change that our Father in Heaven helps us make and the change that we are helping our investigators make. It all started off with Tuesday morning District Meeting. Hopefully I can send you some pictures soon, but I will start off by saying Tuesday is the day that I ate a bug. So we went into District meeting with the topic of helping our investigators change and Elder Campbell our district leader pulls out jars. One jar contains bits of bugs that have been roasted and would be mixed with peanut butter, one contained roasted meal worms, one contained roasted crickets and the last one contained live meal worms. He goes on to explain the health benefits of the bugs and the statistics of bugs already eaten throughout the year. Going through the same steps that we try to take with our investigators that they might have the desire to try to change and feel the fruits of the gospel. We were then given the opportunity to try them if we wished, just like we do with our investigators. I originally wasn't going to do any of them... but that is just say that all 4 were tried by everyone in our district, excluding Sister Kendrick. Unfortunately bugs don't have the same fruits that the gospel does, but it was still fun and really kicked off me week of learning about change.

On Wednesday we had Zone Conference. No one of my biggest sets backs is that when I start to change or recognize my faults, I tend to overwhelm myself and not be able to really work towards my goals because I am trying to do all of them at once. However as I studies Jacob Chapter 5 in preparation for Zone Conference, I learned by the spirit that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we will be changed little by little according to the will of Heavenly Father. This means that as long as we are trying to follow our Savior and have a desire to change, God will help us to know what we need to change, when, and how. I have seen this on my mission especially when I want to be better at something but just can't seem to get it right. As I pray and ask for help, I have looked back and seen that as I put things in Heavenly Father's hands I am changed according to His will, at His time. And boy I am grateful for that. So whenever you are feeling glum read Jacob 5:65 "65 And as they begin to grow ye shall clear away the branches which bring forth bitter fruit, according to the strength of the good and the size thereof; and ye shall not clear away the bad thereof all at once, lest the roots thereof should be too strong for the graft, and the graft thereof shall perish, and I lose the trees of my vineyard.". The Lord knows our strengths and our weaknesses!!!

These too experiences have really allowed me to focus on my purpose as a missionary and on the lessons that I teach. I am now more into answering questions and teaching and overcoming concerns. And I am very grateful for that!!!

Thank you again for all of the Birthday wishes!! Keep praying and know that I love you!! Also, to all of you mothers out there... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Love, Sister Kelliann Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment