Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Goodbye Calgary...

 Heavenly Father knows His children....
So this morning we got our transfer calls... it looks like I will be leaving the beautiful city of Calgary behind for the next portion of my mission and heading down to Southern Alberta!!!! I am not going to lie, I am very sad to be leaving behind those that I have grown to love SOOOO much here in the North East. I never thought that I would serve here and I have loved it so much, I also never thought I would go South, and yet here I go. I am going to miss seeing all of the Less-Actives that I have grown to love, all of the investigators that I have gotten to grow so close to, as well as the members and Sister Kendrick. It has been so special being able to be apart of the growth that happens on the first 3 months of the mission. I am so proud of her and all that she has accomplished, and I know that she will be amazing the rest of her mission, as well as the rest of the time she is in the East. There are actually quite a few of us leaving the EAST, 10 out of the 20 in the Zone will be leaving and we will only be gaining 8 to replace due to a couple of switches in area boundaries, but Sister Kendrick will be staying. So the South of Alberta consists of places like Lethbridge, Cardston, Jaffrey, British Columbia, Raymond and Medicine Hat... so really I could be anywhere but in the city of Calgary.
Other highlights of the week!!!!
This is Morgan. She is my 13 year old investigator that we have been teaching since November. She has not missed a week of church since she started coming, and has now introduced us to 3 of her friends, whom we are currently teaching.
We love her. Also on Sunday, Sister Kendrick and I played a musical number in church!!! I can't believe that I have been out almost 9 months and this is my first musical number in church, but not my first time playing (I usually end up playing the Organ and Piano a lot once they find out I can play). We played A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief on the Violin and piano and I am very grateful to Heavenly Father for allowing the spirit to be there so strongly. We had a less-active who was there text us after church and tell us that he hasn't felt the spirit so strongly in church for a long time!!!!
This is Kirsten... Sorry that it is sideways. She holds a very dear place in my heart. I love her very much and have enjoyed being able to work with her. I pray for her and hope that one day I will be able to see her enter into the waters of Baptism.
We went to the Temple!!!!! Sorry it is kind of a blurry picture, but it was also pouring rain here Thursday-Saturday. I really enjoyed the time that I had in the temple, and I am really happy that I have been able to attend the Calgary temple 4 times since I have been on my mission, when I should have only been able to go 3 times. This upcoming transfer is the last transfer for President Nicholas and we will be getting a new mission president (President Miles) soon. It has been so nice serving in Calgary, and I am very grateful that I got to start my mission here.
Because yesterday was a normal work day, the Elder's put on a zone breakfast before District Meetings. It consisted of Eggs, Bacon, Pancakes, and French toast. It was kind of cool because Sister Kendrick and I as well as the Sister Training Leaders were the only sisters and the Elder's wouldn't let us help. I have really enjoyed the district that I am in right now. Elder Campbell (who I served with down in the Foothills (not pictured) is our District Leader and he does a very good job at helping us. I have learned so much about the gospel since I have been here and am grateful for the testimony that I have. Again this area will be dearly missed. I love you all and hope that you have had a great week so far. Remember that the Lord does know us and that he know exactly what we are capable of. Ether 2 (consisting on my favorite Book of Mormon scriptures):7 states... "And the Lord would not suffer that they should stop beyond the sea in the wilderness, but he would that they should come forth even unto the land of promise, which was choice above all other lands, which the Lord God had preserved for a righteous people." I know that the Lord has a plan for each of you. Sometimes that plan might be out of our comfort zone. Sometimes it might require us to learn a new skill or even become a different person, but he always has a plan and has ways to help you become who you need to be. Don't become comfortable with where you are at... but remember to ask "What can I do for you today, and What more can I do?" I love you all so much... I will let you know next week where I end up!!
Love Sister Kelliann Jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment