Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Staying in Medicine Hat

Exciting news!!! (Once again sorry that I forgot to tell you all that due to transfers, Pday would be on Tuesday this week) SISTER ALLARD AND I WILL BE STAYING TOGETHER FOR AT LEAST 7 MORE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness we are so excited!!!! We really feel like this transfer is going to be a good one. There have been lots of changes going on around here and there will continue to be some new ones happening within the next couple of weeks.
Change #1 - We got a new ward mission leader Sunday. This is a huge answer to our prays as we have been praying for a way to increase the missionary work in the ward.
Change #2 - We got a new Elders Quorum President on Sunday. Again another answer as we have started working with the Auxiliary leaders more closer to try to increase the work that is going on in our (small) area.
Change #3 - There are about 14 missionaries in my zone. We have two missionaries going home this transfer, Two missionaries are training this transfer, and we found out this morning that one of our Zone Leaders Elder Einfeldt will be transferring, as well as one missionary from every other companionship minus us... NEW ZONE!!
Change#4- This is our last week with President Nicholas..... sad day.
Change#5 - We get a new mission President, President Miles next week!!!
I really can't believe how fast this transfer has gone by. I can't believe that 4 months ago I began training Sister Kendrick. Seriously tooo fast!!!
This week we moved Lori's baptismal date to August 22nd. We are excited to help her use the atonement to really see some changes in her life. I also learned a lot about asking for the Lord to strengthen us in our times of need and everyday that we might be able to continue in the work. Even Apostles of the Lord have been recorded as never stopping to ask the Lord to strengthen them and their testimonies. As I have done this this week I have seen and felt an increase in determination and hope in this area. I am more positive, more hopeful and more patient with the things that happen. I was reading in Mosiah 24:14-15 which says
 14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.
This is when the Lord is talking to the people of Alma as they are being persecuted for praying. They then decide to pray out loud and receive this council. I testify that the Lord will strengthen us is our times of need. We might not be able to see it at first but we will begin to notice little differences within us that will lead us to being stronger. I have seen on my mission an increase of trial. However, I know that the Lord will not permit us to be tempted past what we are capable of handling. Trails that I dealt with at beginning of my mission, feel now as if they were small, however if I had the trails that I do sometimes now at the beginning I know that I would not have been able to coupe. The Lord doesn't always take our trials away, but He does strengthen us so that we cannot feel the burden of our trails upon us. I love you all so much and am thankful for the support in which you have given me over the past 10 months. I am excited to continue to see the changes that the Lord wishes me to make and continue to grow in testimony of the gospel of my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that this church is true. I love you all!! Have a great week!!! Love
Sister Kelliann Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment