Monday, November 10, 2014

It's cold out there


Hi Mom!

This week has been a bit more of a challenge. I am working through some rough times, but I know that I will make it through and that I will be able to do this. Today has actually been quite the day so far. It started snowing Saturday night and stopped yesterday night, however its quite cold. -10 I believe is what it was today. We had to leave the house at 7 today in order to get to Chanook this morning by 8. We have had a donut on our car for over a week now, so we took it in to get it fixed. When we went to get our windshield fixed, Elder Trim told us that he was going to wait another 2 transfers to get tires changed, which scared us because even I knew that they needed to be changed months before. However, within the next couple of days, one of our tires went flat. When we went to take it in to TOGO tires, the guy said that he would absolutely not put that tire back on our car, and he also would not let us drive very much longer on the other ones. He called Elder Trim and convinced him to let us get new tires!!! Anyway that was like Friday, and when we went back to TOGO on Friday they were booked for the weekend, and so they told us to come back Monday morning. So this morning we dropped off our car at TOGO (after praying really hard that we would get there safely), and walked over to Chanook mall for breakfast at A&W. The A&W here in Canada are so much better because they use 100% all-natural meat and eggs. Also their chocolate is better... I will have to send you some. We also went to Target. Yes they do have the mannequins here. They are pretty cool honestly. It was also buy 1 get one on Sweaters, so I bought a new sweater and Cardigan :). Then we took the Train from the mall and now I am here at the Library.

Last Monday we also went to the mall and I got a great coat from Old Navy for like $89. It has down feathers in it and I feel like a marshmallow, but It is warm so that is all that matter right ;). Tomorrow it is supposed to be -20 with a wind-chill of -29... soo cold. I am not really looking forward to that, but we have most of tomorrow planned, so we won't really have to do much on the walking around factor.

Good news, I met with President earlier this week and he gave me a few suggestions on the how I have been feeling. Also Family Services called and made an appointment for me on the 27th. I was kind of scared about that because I didn't think I would be able to make it until the 27th without really knowing what was going on, but then the next day (after I prayed about it), Family Services called again and set up another appointment on the 14th. So hopefully by this Friday I will have more news about what is going on. Yesterday at church I was also able to receive a healing priesthood blessing from Brother Peters and Bishop Davis, and it seems by the blessing that the doctor will be able to help. I think I have gotten myself in such a worrying rut that I just need something to help me get out of it and to focus my thoughts. They seem to race a lot and at this point I am just tired of fighting with myself. Either way, I am going to keep going and working hard. We have a few investigators who are not progressing and a few that have really blossomed in the past couple of months that we are excited to continue working with. Also we have 3 new ward missionary’s to help us in the work, which is amazing and we are really grateful to have them. Ultimately I am just really grateful that I came to Canada. That I am in Evergreen with Sister Martin and Sister Peters. I know that if I had had my way. I would be in the Czech Republic with no way of communicating with people and honestly I am not sure I would have made it past those 6 weeks in the MTC. I just keep holding on to what I received in my last Priesthood blessing, that Heavenly Father will help me through this, but that he also wants me to go through this. So either way I am not sure why, but I know there is a reason, and I just have to see it out.

I am excited about Josh's new girlfriend (and that dog is adorable, of course he named it Loki). I will make sure to keep you guys updated on what it going on. Apparently this kind of thing is pretty normal for missionaries. A friend of mine just got home on the 1st and he went through some really hard times on his mission. Anyway, I know that I can get through this. The scripture that I have really learned to love and has become my scripture is 1 Nephi 3:7 "I, Nephi, said unto my father, I will go a do the things which the Lord hath commanded me. For I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of man, save he shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the things which he hath commanded them". I have seen this scripture apply to my life over and over again. Whether it was the strength to quit drinking coffee or the ability to come out here on a mission, I can see that the Lord and Heavenly Father care about me, and they want me to succeed. I Love you!!!! I hope that your week at Target is not a crazy!!!

 

Love Sister Kelliann Jensen   

 

Hello from wonderful -10 degree weather!!! I have gotten many a thing to prepare for the winter. I found a great down coat for just $89 bucks, and so far it is really great!!! However tomorrow it is supposed to be -20 with a wind-chill of -29, so I am not really looking forward to that!! I can't believe that you are already on book 8!!! I saw how big they are and really 8 books in like 2 months!! I don't think I have ever seen you read that much in the past couple of years because of your school work!! I have been doing a lot of research on Joseph Smith as well. We watched Joseph Smith: A Prophet of the Restoration, which is amazing and you should watch it if you have time. I think you can find it on LDS.org. Either way it is about an hour long, and I was crying most of the time. I also read the Joseph Smith History, which is amazing and really proves to me that Joseph Smith could not have written the Book of Mormon when you look at his grammar and writing style.

I wanted to ask you what you remember from my baptism. I can't believe that is has almost been 12 years since the day I was baptized, and I can't really remember a lot so I was hoping that you would??

I love you so much and can't wait to hear from you again. The work here seems to pick up and die depending on the week. If the trend keeps up this week will be great!!! I just keep working every day. I know that I can do this with the help that I am receiving from the Lord.

 

Love

Sister Kelliann Jensen

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment