Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Transfers Next Week

Thank you to everyone that answered my question on "Where have you lived and what was your favorite place to live". I was really interesting reading every ones points of view on a place and why they did or did not like the area. It seems like Fort Douglas, Salt Lake was the unanimous love for everyone, even though Dad loves Arizona and Mandy isn't sure (I am not sure if that is cheating the question, but I guess saying that you might not have found it yet is an okay answer). As for me, I have really only lived in 3 places my entire life (4 if you count Evergreen :)). Because we moved from Fort Knox when I was two, Kentucky really doesn't even count on my list, so really it has to be Arizona all the way. I remember when we moved from Avondale to Phoenix, and to be honestly I don't even remember being sad about moving. I have really enjoyed living in North Phoenix. I love the area, the people, my family... and it has really been nice to have most of my family so close to one another. I loved my high school, my band, and really enjoyed the last couple of years I have spent outside of High School, mostly because of the closeness that we have been able to have as a family. As far as Canada goes, it really does remind me on Utah. I have really grown accustom to the weather and now we walk outside and say "oh it is 0 (32) it is so warm out. The cold has not really bothered me, and although I miss my AZ sun, it is starting to feel like home. So I can't really say that I have had the same experiences with different places as all of you have, but I have really enjoyed the time I have spent in North Phoenix, and Utah I mean Canada ;).

It seems really weird to me to think that this week is Thanksgiving. Because Thanksgiving is in October here, I feel like Christmas should be done and over with yet at the same time I can't believe that I will have been out for 3 months on Thursday. As for Thanksgiving here, we will be spending it with the Babcocks, and I will see if they can send you some pictures because I still can't seem to find my camera charger :(. I am excited to spend some more time with them, especially since my three months training are almost over with. Mom, you asked what my favorite memories from Thanksgiving are. Well I don't really seem to be able to pin point one Thanksgiving that really stands out to me, but I can tell you all of my favorite parts. It all really starts with the Thanksgiving day Parade. I feel like I have been watching that parade every year for most of my life, and I have always enjoyed the parts where they do the Broadway shows. Be sure to watch it for me this year. My next favorite part has always been mom's rolls. I think I could eat like 12 of them for dinner and I would be happy. Another part that stands out from past Thanksgivings is the little green bowls on the table that we would put gherkin pickles and olives in. Every time Dad and I past the table we would snatch a few and by the time Dinner came around there would hardly be any left. Other little things stand out like making pie cookies with the left over pie dough (I actually did that the other day because we made a Banana Cream pie for a member), and watching the dog show. I can't really think of the last time all of us have been together for Thanksgiving, and we are going to have to make a point of getting together again when I get home (even if it is like 8 months away from the time I get home to Thanksgiving).

As far as my week this week, it was actually really good. I feel like this week things started to come together really well, and I am starting to become comfortable with the people and my companion. This probably means that things are about to change haha, and I expect they will be soon. Transfers will be next week, and I am excited to see what happens, whether Sister Martin or I leave, and what happens to our zone. These past few months have been quite the learning curve for me, and I feel like Heavenly Father has really been wanting me to learn about who I am, how I tick, and what I need personally to be able to function well enough to help those around me. Because I have been with my companion, I have learned that I need someone to talk things out with because I am not and really never have been good at compartmentalizing things in my head. I have to write things down or else I forget, and just because I am hard on myself, doesn't mean that I haven't learned anything or grown. I have learned that I worry about everything and that I am a perfectionist, but that all of these things are okay because they make me who I am. These things, combined with my testimony, are exactly what Heavenly Father needs when he puts me with a companion, in an area, or even on my mission, and that He wants me to be who I am. :). I have grown in testimony and understand about my divine potential, about Christ, and about the atonement and I encourage everyone to read the talk "The Atonement: Our Greatest Hope" by James E. Faust.

Oh, something that I have been wanting to tell Dad, is that in Calgary, there are noooo Pigeons. None. I haven't seen a single one. Zip. Nada... but there are HUUUGGGEE Rabbits and Sea gulls.

As far as investigators goes, we have been come to cross roads with just about all of them. It is amazing to see the difference that it makes when they go to church, pray, and read. And sadly one of our investigators Janet has been having a hard time lately because when she stopped going to church, she stopped understanding, and when she stopped understanding, her prayers have not been as open. It is all about our true desire of heart. If we don't want it, or are not searching for it, Heavenly Father can't give it to us based on the law of Agency that he is bound to. He will never give us something that we do not want. Or actually more accurate is that we can't except something that we don't know is there. It reminds me of President Uchtdorfs General Relief Society talk this year where he said that "Heavenly Father is constantly raining blessings upon us. It isour fear, doubt, and sin that, like an umbrella, block these blessings from reaching us." This is something that I have learned to be true this week. He is always there waiting to help us. Always wanting us to become the people He knows we can be. Always doing the most he can, but having to wait until we want it, until we decide to change before we recognize His divine help. I have learned to love my father in Heaven so much during my struggles as a missionary. I am growing to understand and commit myself to Christ and His gospel, and as I go out each day I learn more and more that God is there, that He cares for us, and that He wants the best for everyone. This life is all about becoming/remembering our true identity. It is about remember that we are daughters and sons of God and the way we do that is by committing ourselves to Christ and "following in his way". A quote I have on my wall is "Discover your true self through Christ".

I love you all, Enjoy your week and Thanksgiving. I will be thinking about you!!!!

Love,
Sister Kelliann Jensen

P.S. - I have actually started to learn how to play the guitar and have been volunteered to play and sing at the relief society Christmas party this Wednesday. It is funny because our Christmas party is the day before Thanksgiving and Sister Babcock (the American Sister in our ward) is actually putting the party on and then the next day we will be having Thanksgiving at her house.:)

P.S.S - Next week is Transfer week so I will be writing on Tuesday instead of Monday.

Love you all!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment