Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Happy Family Day

Hello Everyone!!!

Happy Family Day! Sorry for the late email, the libraries we closed yesterday because Alberta took a day off to spend with their families. Personally I think this is cool because families are such an important part of my life! I am growing to really love the North East of Calgary! The people here are amazing!!

Let me tell you what a little bit of love can do :). So every holiday minus Christmas as a missionary, my companions and I have done a bit of doorbell ditching :). On Thanksgiving (Canadian Thanksgiving), we made a bunch of hand turkeys and put them on member’s doors with scriptures on them. On Halloween, we made candy corns and did the same. On Valentine's Day, Sister Bullock and I cut out 120 hearts and put them with notes and scriptures on 12 less-actives houses. We were only caught once, and we ended up having 12 less-actives at church on Sunday. It is really nice to be able to show people that you care 24/7, especially on a holiday where some people can go unnoticed!!
Morgan continues to progress and is working towards baptism on the 3rd of April!! We are planning on teaching her about Family History onfamilysearch.org this week.

So because Sister Bullock is going home next Tuesday, Heavenly Father has blessed us with a fuller week then we usually have (even though we ALWAYS have full weeks). Usually we end up planning a little bit at night, but we will mostly be planning backup plans and lesson plans every night this week. Sister Bullock has really been encouraging me to take the Senior Companion position and to really take charge as my state is uncertain as of right now. I could receive a whole new missionary, another last transfer companion, or anywhere in between. It is scary but exciting to see what Heavenly Father has in store for me. Also because Sister Bullock is going home, we are going to the temple on Saturday!!! I feel very blessed because normally you can only go once every 3 months, but I have been 2 times in the past month and a half. With Sister Bullock and Sister Gardner. :) It is always nice to be able to be in the house of the Lord.

As a missionary, we see a lot of very interesting things and one of my favorite days of the week is downtown. On our way downtown this week we met a lady on the train who had a small parrot named Twinkle that she carries around everywhere. It is always fun talking to these people. Along with that, we talked to a girl named Victoria who was taking pictures of about 40 ducks who were sticking their bills into the melted ice/snow. At the end of that three Canadian Geese swooped down and scattered the ducks. In the end we gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon as well as a Mormon.org card. Also, remember when I told you that we met a Muslim man downtown who talked to us for like 2 hours. We I met that same man again on the train back to the Northeast and he told me that he actually went to church in the Northwest by the temple!!! I gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon as well, and we parted our ways. I have a feeling that I will see him AGAIN!!

This week I have been learning a lot about Eternal Perspective. Keeping our eyes focused on Heavenly Father's plan will help us to better understand and cope with the things that we have to go through in order to help us grow into the people that Heavenly Father knows that we can be. I will be studying the Plan of Salvation even more this week and will let you know next week more of what I learn. Remember we are not humans having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience!!

I love you all so much and hope that you are all having a wonderful week. This next week will hold lots on new things and adventures for me as I finish off my transfer with Sister Bullock. I will let you know as soon as I can what will be happening here in Prairie Winds. Have a great week!!1

Love,
Sister Jensen (Kelliann)

Hi Mommy!!
Happy Family Day/Valentine's Day/ President's Day!! Canada doesn't celebrate President's day, but it does set aside a day for families to be together, which means that the libraries where closed!! I am really glad that you went to church after working until 10:30. I am also learning that living our religion is the only thing that will really help us to gain a testimony of the Gospel, however as we pray and read our scriptures, we will have the spirit in our lives to help us to gain a strength to do those things. I can't believe that O'Malley even fit in the couch let alone was able to move in it!! He is so funny. I bet you really like having Mandy with you. I miss being with you to hang out with you, but I know that we will hang out when I get home. Can you believe that it has almost been 6 months. I don't get what happened, but like you said time flys when you are busy. I had another cat sit on my shoulder this week. Weird. Did you get my picture of cloud. She is a cutie and it is really nice to have a cat again, although I do miss O'Malley sometimes, and I almost call her that. I did get my Valentine's Day package on Friday. The Fererro Roce things are already gone... and I wore my new shirt on Sunday (because I had my heart shirt for Saturday). Also Thank you for the Toothbrush!! I was just starting to think about really taking care of my teeth. I have been flossing day and night and using my new toothbrush and mouthwash every day!! I love you so much. Thank you for the new card. I will let you know when I get it!! Everyone in Canada uses the chip, so people look at you weird when you have to slide your card. What should I do with my old card?? I love you lots!! Keep me updated on the Mandy things. Tell everyone I love them!

Love,
Kelliann (Sister Jensen)

Dad;
COLORADO SPRINGS!!!!!! That is soooooo cooooooooolllll!!!! I can't believe that she is being sent a place that they lived for such a long time growing up! That is super cool and I am sure that there will be many people that she will be able to touch because of this. How is the settle in? I love you. I must tell you that you are always inspired as you send me things. We I got your letter for Valentine's day I had been thinking about and studying doing the will of the Lord His way. What is the one day that you pick out from your Bible Calendar to send me? The Lord's Way. I love you so much. It is nice to know that my home has a wonderful Priesthood holder over it that can and will receive revelation for his family... even when they are far away. Have a good week!! I love you lots and hope that things are going well. I am trying to stay strong. I had a cool experience listening to the Holy Ghost this week. We were looking for a house in Skyview, but because the area is so new, we didn't have a map with the street on it. I turned down a street and we were not sure which way to turn... when I looked to the left, I felt like we needed to go down the street at the end of the road. I didn't actually follow that at first, but as soon as I didn't we turned around. When we went down that street we found the street we were looking for and we able to catch the Less active that we where looking for!!! Really cool. Have a good week, I love you!

Kelliann


No comments:

Post a Comment