Thursday, February 12, 2015

Happy Valentines Day

Hello Friends and Family!!!
What a week :). Calgary continues to go on a weather rollercoaster as it went from -14 to 8 to -12 all in the course of 3 days. You got to love it :). I am just glad that I am not affected by pressure change like some people are.

This week we had some pretty great miracles come our way. Although we had to stay inside for most of Friday because Sister Bullock was sick, Heavenly Father still blessed us with more people in our area that we can reach out to. We had the lovely opportunity to do some service painting and sanding for a nonmember daughter of one of our less-actives as well as do some packing help for an investigator who is moving to Ontario. It is always fun to see the look on people’s faces when we tell them that we can help them with service. Their first reaction is to always say "reaaalllyyy" and then they always say "weeeellll I guess if you want to". It really is priceless. We were able to pick up two new investigators on Saturday which was pretty awesome. Her name is Margret and she has 3 adorable kids. She is from South Sudan and one of her kids (Abuk) is 8, so we picked her up as an investigator as well. She came to church this week and stayed all three hours and her kids loved it. They both came away saying that they loved it and that they got 2 new friends. Speaking of Sunday, this week was fast and testimony Sunday. It was really nice to be able to fast and learn from the Spirit. It seemed like the theme of the day was agency. My new motto is "Be the change you wish to see in the world" which includes choosing to do things by your standards instead of by the standards of the world. As well on Sunday we had a new potential named Qwame just showed up to church. He is from Denmark (THE DANES!!!) and has been trying to come to the church for the past week but of course it is really only unlocked on Sundays. He calls me "Sister Yensen"!! We are planning to meet with him soon when he gets back from Edmonton, but he is armed and ready to go with a copy of the Book of Mormon, a Gospels Principles Book and a Teaching of the Prophet book for Ezra Taft Benson. We are excited to be able to work hard and see a lot of miracles in these next two weeks before Sister Bullock go’s home. She leaves on the 24th, so it will be very interesting to see what happens with me before the new transfer on the 27th. I love you all and hope that you are having a wonderful week. Safe travels to everyone who will be traveling. Remember that Heavenly Father provides for us when we do the things that he ask of us.

"All of His commandments are given to make blessings available to us. Commandments are opportunities to exercise our agency and to receive blessings. Our loving Heavenly Father knows that choosing to develop a spirit of gratitude will bring us true joy and great happiness." - "Grateful in ANY Circumstance" President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

Have a wonderful week!! Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

Love you always,
Sister Kelliann Jensen


Hi Dad!!!

The jewelry box is beautiful!!!! I love it so much and I know that mom will love it. Let see, this week was a pretty good week. I ended up helping pant a house, pack an investigator, we taught Morgan about Family History. Speaking of Family History, I have decided that there is too much of our Family stories that I don't really know about, so in my Valentine’s day cards I have requested stories and stuff that I can start collecting as a missionary as well as in the future. I kind of want to make a Jensen Family Book and continue it for each of us as we move forward so that we can have all of our stories in one place. I figure that it will be a good way for me to do family history because most of our line has been finished up until the 1500s. We ended up staying in most of Friday due to Sister Bullocks cold so I made Snickerdoodles for ward families. That was quite fun, but I don't know what I am going to do when I get home. I was only in the apartment for 5 hours and I got stir crazy... We picked up two new investigators this week, Margret and Abuk. They are mother and daughter and she also has two other kids and a husband. They came to church this week and we will be going back over on Saturday to teach her and her kids more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love you lots and hope that you are having a great week. Tell your boss that I say hi... Maybe when we get Facebook as a mission I can start teaching her online so that she can learn more about the Plan of Salvation... just a thought. I sent mom a few pictures of Cloud and myself. Tell Mandy that I say Hi and Josh and Danny too. I haven't heard from Josh since November, how is he doing. I am excited to hear where Sarah is going!!! Tell her that I am excited for her and that I know that wherever she is called is where she needs to be.

Love,

Sister Kelliann Jensen  


Hello Mommy!!

Happy Valentine’s Day!! I haven't gotten my package yet, but I am sure that I will get it soon :) Your Valentine’s Day cards are in the mail, as well as one for Grandma and Mandy... which makes me sad because Mandy will not be in Florida anymore, I hope she forwarded her mail...... ummmm this is going to be the weirdest thing for me when I get home and my sister is now living in the same state as me, but I am excited. I have decided that in order to catch up with my sister (and my family) that I want to collect Family History stories from everyone. I realized that there is quite a bit of family stories that I wasn't there for, so it would be kind of cool to have them and start collecting them. I think that you did a fantastic job on the flags!!! However yes.... flags do stink :/... It sounds like you are going to have a fun Anniversary this year (much better than last year when you got your I-phone stolen in San Francisco. I really am going to have to take you back and show you all of the things that I love about San Fran.

I can't believe that it has almost been 6 months since I left for my mission. I got my camera back this week (because I left it in my last area) and I was just looking through all of the pictures that I have taken. It really does feel like I have been out still for 3 months but you blink and all of a sudden you are at 6. Soon I will blink again and I will be done, but until then I plan to continue to work hard and keep moving forward. So what is Mandy's plan for when she gets to Arizona? I haven't heard from her in a couple of weeks because she has been busy moving, so I am not really in the loop on what's up. Tell Josh I say hi and that he is a stinker for not writing me back. Give the girls a big Valentine’s day hug for me and O'Malley. I accidently call Cloud O'Malley sometimes... it is kind of embarrassing. I love you forever.

Sister Kelliann Jensen

P.S I have attached Pictures of Cloud and Myself. :) I still don't have a way to charge my camera so these are from Sister Bullock. 



No comments:

Post a Comment