Sunday, March 22, 2015

Feels like Spring... and then of course it Snows.

Hello Family!!!
What a crazy week!! Spring felt like it had come this week!! It was upwards to like 10 degrees Celsius most days and the sun was shining! Of course this is Calgary, so the beautiful weather only seems to be able to last for a little while. On Saturday it was windy as all get out!!! We almost where blown away and the wind was a whistling through the windows! Then of course by today it had snowed. Gotta love Calgary!!

I REALLY LOVE THE NORTH EAST!!!
So first news of the week!! KOUL GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!! He is our child of record that got to be baptized by his older brother!! What a sweet moment. Unfortunately he is little and his brother is really tall so they had a bit of trouble getting him dunked, but all is well and Koul and Emanuel (his older brother) where both good sports about it.

We had mine and Sister Kendrick's first apartment inspection this week!! We got a 9 out of 10 (apparently they don't give 10s). They kept commenting on how we did a great job with the limited space that we have... really it is quite tiny. I got to take Sister Kendrick downtown this week!! It is always fun to go downtown. We seem to always find a member that we can invite to give a book of Mormon out. We also met a past investigator of the Mandarin Elders in EVERGREEN on the train!!! She said that her name was Ellen (totally recognized the name), and we got to have a short lesson with her before we got to our street contacting. She is going to be picked back up by the Elders in the area soon!! So exciting!! God works in mysterious ways!

We had a really cold miracle this week that we went to go talk to a potential investigator and she wasn't home. When we turned to go, a boy named Chris came outside to smoke. We said hi and talked to him and he said that we could talk to him for a while. Sister Kendrick and I shared a totally by the spirit 10 minute version of the Restoration, gave him a Book of Mormon, and got his contact information. Because he is 20 we decided that it would be best to hand him off to the Young Single Adults elders who should have had a lesson with him last night. Speaking of YSA, about 3 months ago Sister Gardner and I found a man downtown named Nana Sabiti. He was interesting in learning more, so we got his contact information and gave it to the Mission Office to hand off to the missionaries in his area. Turns out that his area was actually the North East and on my first day here I was like "what he lives here and I was just transferred here???". Well apparently the sisters before me went to contact him and could never find him, so Sister Kendrick and I decided to go back because I knew he was interested. He was home, but we thought we would go back a couple of days later. Fast forward to Saturday, our Sister Training Leaders Sister Murphy and Condie came and went on splits with us. Sister Murphy and I went to Coral Springs and Sister Kendrick and Sister Condie stayed in Taradale. Sister Murphy and I went to go contact Nana Sabiti again and we had a lesson with him, and then the next day Sister Kendrick and I went and had another lesson with him. He has a lot to learn, but he has a love of Christ and we were totally excited about him. We did pass him off to the YSA elders because he is 18, but we hope that he will be able to be taught and learn more about the gospel.

It has been a pretty great week. My rash went away after 5 days, and I am slowly getting over my cold. We have a lot of work to do in Prairie Winds and we are really excited!! Have a great week!! I love you all. Pictures to come!

Love Sister Kelliann Jensen

Hello Mommy!!!
My rash finally went away after about 5 days of really annoying itching and trying not to scratch. I am not sure what the rash was from... apparently Danny got one in his second area too... they never found out what it was either. Weird. Maybe I am more like Danny after all and need some of the same things to grow that Danny did on his mission? How has your week end been? I am not going to lie this week has been one of the harder weeks, however that doesn't mean that I am going to give up. :) It really is fitting that the quote that I picked to put on my planner for this transfer is "God loves us. He is good, He is our Father, and He expects us to pray, and trust and be believing, and not give up, and not panic, and not retreat, when something doesn't seem to be going just right." This seems to be my transfer or at least week of my trial of faith. Sometimes it is hard to keep going. Sometimes it is hard to get up at 6:30 every morning and get through the day. Sometimes it is hard to go to an appointment because you are not sure that you are good enough to teach, however you keep going. You keep getting up at 6:30. You keep trying to be exactly obedient. You keep having faith that this trial will pass one day. Sometimes you have to just sit for a while and try not to cry. Sometimes you do. But most of the time I just try not to be and feel overwhelmed. Knowing myself I feel like I have so much to do and I am trying to accomplish all that I can, but I don't ever seem to be doing everything. I still fall short and I ALWAYS feel like I am not doing enough. I am not very good at letting myself see that I am doing enough, or what I can. That it is okay, that I am one person and that I don't have to carry all of the weight, but I don't seem to know how to change that. So I keep praying, I keep trying, and I keep going. Trying to help Sister Kendrick the best I can.

What I learned by the spirit on Sunday is that sometimes we just have to ask Heavenly Father what we can do and then try our best to do those little things. The little things add up to the big things, and even though I am only one person I can make a difference. I know that God looks out for me and answers my prayers even when I cannot always see them. This week was a little rough, but it was probably mostly all in my head. We had wonderful weather. Got 2 new investigators (both of whom we passed off to the YSA elders), and we got introduced to a wonderful new initiative that the church is doing called "Because He Lives". I love you so much. It is in the hard times that I miss you, but I am very thankful to know that you are my mom and that you have done so much for me and I wanted you to know that you truly have accomplished your divine role as a mother and specifically as my Mother. I will be getting Facebook this week so if you see me on facebook don't be alarmed. We also had a baptism for a little boy named Koul!! He is a child of record and is soooo cute. I felt a little bad for him though because we had to be dunked 4 times, but he was a good sport about it. I will send more information about the week in the mass letter. I love you!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment