Monday, March 23, 2015

Welcome to Spring...ish!

Hello Everyone!!! 
Happy First Week of Spring! Sorry for the late email. Our library seems to not like us to email because whenever we go, we either have to wait for a long time, or it is closed... this week it was closed so we are emailing in the family history center. Can I just tell you that I love serving in the North East!! I also love serving with Sister Kendrick. This week I think that the theme has been work. Work and diligence...and Courage to do the work. As missionaries we teach people every day about the gospel. We share our testimonies, we teach about the commandments and about the restoration, we ultimately teach about the atonement... but do we recognize and apply the Atonement ourselves. I absolutely love that when I am going through a rough patch, that Heavenly Father places in my day little themes that I seem to learn the best from. I really enjoy these themes because it helps me to recognize the things that my Father in Heaven wants me to learn. This week has been working to develop our spiritual strength. The key word here is work. We cannot just sit back and pray and expect for Heavenly Father to grant us our wish. Instead it is about making goals, striving to live according to the will of our Father, and doing our best to do our best. THIS DOESN'T MEAN THAT WE WILL BE PERFECT. In fact, I have learned this week that sometimes Heavenly Father allows us to go down a path a little wrong so that we can learn. That is the point of mortality. To learn for ourselves that we are and can do the will of the Lord. I love the fact that my Father in Heaven really and truly knows who I am and what I need. Now it is just having the courage to do those things. My mission president sent this quote in his weekly email this week... 

"Courage becomes a living and attractive virtue when it is regarded not as a willingness to die manfully, but the determination to live decently.” (Ensign May, 1972).
Okay so now on to the details of this week!! 
As you know I am now on Facebook!! This has been a great yet at the same time slow process to get used to. Sister Kendrick and I have been making plans on how we can use Facebook as an effective missionary tool. We have decided because of the new initiative that the church is putting out called Because He Lives! we are inviting everyone in the ward to hand out one pass-along card. Then we are going to follow up on Facebook and possibly start finding and teach through those experiences that the members have had. This is also helping us to get to know the members so that we can increase the trust between us and them. Our ward has had 6 new missionaries in the past 6 months, which can make it difficult for the ward to really get to know missionaries well enough to trust us with their friends. We have also been doing a lot of personal finding. We have been going through the area book and looking at all of the potential or past investigators for our areas and focusing on a few a day, this also means that we have been doing a lot of tracting and street contacting. I am happy to report that I have finally gotten over most of my fear of talking to people. Sister Kendrick and I have made a goal to talk to everyone, and we have been doing really well on this. Yesterday we walked all the way around an area called Taradale contacting Less-actives and potentials, as well as street contacting any one we can across. We got a few new potentials and some Facebook potentials that we hope to pick up and teach. Things are going well here in the North East. Morgan gets baptized in 2 weeks. She is nervous because Bishop is getting baptismal permission from her parents today. We are fasting for her, but we know that everything will work out. Jasleen, our 14 year old investigator came to church yesterday and is going to continue to come!! She has been having a really hard time with her testimony recently, but things seem to have worked out. I love this gospel. I love being on a mission. If you have time on Saturday or on look at the website Helives.mormon.org. I invite everyone to watch it, and to share it with someone, whether on Facebook or in person. This gospel has become a part of who I am and helps me to know that you have a loving Heavenly Father that has brought forth His plan through His Son Jesus Christ and His Atonement. If you have any cool stories about sharing this video (it comes out on Saturday)... Please email me and or let me know on Facebook!!! If you haven't added me to Facebook yet I am under Sister-Kelliann Jensen. I love you all have a great week!!

Sister Kelliann Jensen 

Hi Mom!! 
Oh do I know this feeling oh so well!! This is something that I have been learning this week too. Having faith enough and courage enough to become and be the person that your Father in Heaven wants you to be, and then working to become that person, know that Christ and His Atonement will make up the difference that you can't do for yourself. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1997/04/endure-and-be-lifted-up?lang=eng&query=Faith+to+Endure
This is a talk that I read a while back... 
I am excited to get to work with Adelina over Facebook. Hopefully what I say can make a difference in her life. I don't have a lot of time this week, but I am going to try to write you a letter this week with more detail!! I love you. I did get your package!! I LOVE THE DRESS!!!!! I am going to wear it to our baptism on the 3rd and then to Conference on the 5th. You should take Mandy and Leah to the General Relief Society Conference this Saturday at 6!!! It should be really good. Have a great week!!!  
Sister Kelliann 

Thank you Daddy,
I am learning a lot about having the courage to do and become the person that God wants you to be. I think that is something that I have always had a hard time with, know that Heavenly Father sees me for who I can become, but also being able to except that. It is a work in process, but I am loving my mission more and more. I love you so much. We have a baptism on April 3rd!! We are really excited about it. I have been getting money from Grandma almost monthly, so I used it to get Morgan a nice quad. She is 13 and doesn't have the money or means to buy one herself. Thank you so much for the example that you are to me and others!!! 

Love Sister Kelliann 

No comments:

Post a Comment