Monday, April 27, 2015

8 Months

Hello Family!!!
Seriously!! Can anyone believe that it has already been 8 months since I left for Canada, because I can't. Really now, it is the craziest and also the hardest, and funniest, and most growing period of my life, and I am seeing more and more why Heavenly Father needed me to come out on a mission. After we left the MTC we all thought "Every member should do at least 12 days in the MTC"... but know I am thinking every member needs to go on a mission. If I had not come out here, I don't think that I would have the spiritual knowledge that I have now... for years to come, and I am grateful for what I have learned about this gospel. I have a feeling these next 10 months will be a lot of learning how to personally apply the Atonement in my life as well as in lives of others.
This week we had some really good finding moments. Sister Kendrick and I have now, after a transfer of doing everything else we could, resorted to tracting... however we have found a new system for it!! We will be getting 3 notebooks and writing down the street names and house numbers that way we can keep track of who was home and who wasn't. Wish us luck. We have a lot of potential investigators after this week!! And we are really excited about picking them up. I believe last week I told you about Minal and Arun... but this week as we were going to our Thursday night Missionary Correlation meeting with Brother Doig we had another awesome opportunity in finding. Brother Doig wasn't quite ready for us when we got there, so Sister Kendrick and I decided to knock on his neighbors doors. When we went to the corner house, a man named Vaick answered and we told him about church and He said that he has been down before and that he wanted to learn more. We gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and he asked us if we wanted him to read some of it before we came back.... SO EXCITING!!! We have an appointment with him tonight!!! Also Morgan our 13 year old investigator brought 2 friends to church on Sunday!! 2!!! And they also came to the Fireside that we had that night!! She is AWESOME!!! Remember when I told you a couple of weeks ago that Sister Kendrick and I helped Sister Bullock pull out a Juniper bush and we talked to her neighbor who was walking to the mail box?? We she is now a potential and has been getting fellowshipped by the ward!!! We are going to go help her plant her flower bed soon!!! Things are picking up in our area!! I love you all and sorry that I don't have a lot of time!! Crazy week ahead but exciting stuff!! Have a great week!!
Sister Kelliann Jensen
Hi Dad!!
I have been doing a lot of thinking this week about what the gospel has done for me in my life and what it can do for me. I feel like it is time for me to really get ahold of and strengthen my testimony. It scares me where the world is at, and I don't want to be the person that the world wants me to be, however it also scares me to think about who Heavenly Father thinks that I can be. I have really felt the push lately to come closer to Heavenly Father in prayer, but it is also having the courage to take that step and really push myself to becoming who the Lord knows I can be. I will be doing a lot of praying this week for courage. I have seen a lot of miracles on my mission. I have also seen the way the Lord is preparing me for my future. It is kind of scary to think that I have no idea who I am going to be and what future I will have, but Heavenly Father does know and He is preparing me for it. It is also kind of cool. Have I ever shared my favorite scripture with you? It is Ether 2:24-25. It has been a favorite since the beginning of my mission, but it has lately taken on a new meaning for me. I love you so much and love that you love to do wood work. I am grateful to our Heavenly Father to giving me such an amazing dad who is so inspired and always knows exactly what to say. I know that you truly do hold the Priesthood for our family, and am also grateful to know that you are using it righteously... even if you don't know that you are. I know that this gospel has blessed me and our family more then I can comprehend, and sometimes I wish it could all just be laid out so that I can show our investigators and clearly explain it. I just sent an email to Sarah. I hope that she is adjusting well. I also hope that you are doing well. I love you so much and am excited to be able to see you on Skype in a couple of weeks. We don't have a dinner appointment set up for Mother's Day yet, so I am not sure exactly what we will be doing about it yet.

Have a great week!

Love Sister Kelliann.

Hi Mom!!!

No I can't believe that I have been out for 8 months!!! Does it feel like 8 months for you? It really only feels like 2 weeks, however at the same time it feels like forever. It sounds like we will both be doing some adjusting in the next couple of months. We get our new mission President in about 8 weeks... so after this transfer we will have a 5 week transfer and then we will have a new mission president. And I will most likely be in a different area... which will be weird. With a different companion. I am working a lot now on really building my relationship with my Heavenly Father. It is crazy to think how much he has done for me throughout my mission, but He seems to be telling me that it is time to step it up and really become who He needs me to be. I don't really like change as much as you do...
Thank you so much for the Birthday/May package!!! I love the shoes!! I wore them with my Lace dress on Sunday!! I will show you when I see you in a couple of weeks! It is really nice to have my camera back…but of course the computer isn’t liking my camera right now so I will have to get more pictures to you when I get a usb card reader. And the Party in the BOX!!! BEST PACKAGE EVER!!! I think that we are going to take the PiƱata to PDay because the day before is an Elders birthday and the Day after my birthday is Cinco De Mayo!!! We haven't tried the mug cake yet... We are waiting to my birthday for that. I can't believe I am going to be 20. It seems like just yesterday I was 16. I am having a mid mission mid life crisis as SIster Kendrick would call it. Crazy Crazy. Oh and I broke down and read the cards... I cried. I love you so much!! Have a great week!! I know that you can understand the new iPods... and hey if they really give you trouble pray about it and then search the scriptures... you could find some help! Have a great week!!!


SIster






No comments:

Post a Comment