Tuesday, July 21, 2015

"Chart your course, Set your sail, position your rudder... Proceed!!" - Thomas S. Monson

Good morning everyone!!!!
Now for the news that you have all been waiting for...
​This is what my wrist looks like under the cast!!!! Don't worry the pink is still from the iodine that they used during the surgery.
And my new cast color is....
 
 So here is the scoop!!! Tuesday afternoon, Sister Allard, Sister Halladay and I went to the hospital again for my appointment with Doctor Baring. They took my lovely white cast off (don't worry they let me keep it) and xrayed my wrist again. They didn't take the gauze off at first so I didn't see what the pins looked like until later when they wanted to check how they looked. Good news!! Everything is doing what it is supposed to. The pins are doing 85% of the work, so really the cast is just to protect me from the pins. I have another appointment on the 28th for another check. I think they will keep the cast on for this one, but then 2 weeks after that, if everything looks good, they will take the cast off and the pins out and I will start my physio for my wrist.
Okay, so now for information that doesn't pertain to my wrist (however it has been fun showing everyone the pictures of the pins)
Gerald is now back in town!!! Gerald got back Monday from Chicago and we got to talk to him on Tuesday and had a lesson Wednesday. He is doing well, and still plans to be baptized, but we have to move the baptism from the 25th to a later date due to Stake Baptisms and a Stake pioneer day (who knew they celebrate pioneer day here!!!). It is really a blessing, because both Sister Allard and I really want him to be solid in his testimony of the Book of Mormon and the Savior before he gets baptized. He came to church on Sunday and also to bible study... which we had planned to teach a lesson afterwards. It was amazing because what we wanted to talk to him about is exactly what Nina taught!! We were able to get right into our lesson after and tonight we have the opportunity to teach him again with the help of President and Sister Miles!!!!!! We hope to put him back on a date tonight!
This month the mission's theme has been #don'tbeshyjuly. We have really been focusing on replacing our fear with faith and we have truly seen many miracles happen because of it. Sister Allard and I had a miracle of our own this week (along with many other miracles). Because of my wrist, we were able to pick up 2 new investigators this week!!! Their names are Abraham and his cousin who's name I can't spell or pronounce, but they are from Sudan and moved to Cuba when the war started. They both read and speak Spanish so we will be involving the Spanish Elders that our in our Stake to help them along. We are excited to start teaching them!!
Sister Allard and I went to the Temple on Saturday with our bishop and his wife!!!! The Cardston temple is beautiful, however I am still partial to the Mesa and Ogden temple myself. It is much older, but it is still quite extravagant. It is always amazing being able to be in the House of the Lord. I really have been lucky to be able to go to the Temple 5 times on my mission!
I am so grateful for my mission, as I feel like I have learned so much about how the Lord and His Atonement work in my life, and I am excited to continue to see these things. I am grateful for the gospel and for the tender mercies that the Lord gives us every day. I love you all and hope that you have an amazing week!!
Love,
Sister Kelliann Jensen

P.S - I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHAT A CANOLA WAS!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment