Thursday, November 12, 2015

What an Amazing Week!

Man do I ever love being in the Calgary 5th ward. This area is amazing! And being with Sister Layton is the best! Now just because this area is amazing doesn't mean that there isn't a lot of work that we need to do to get better, but there is so much potential here and we feel like there can really be a big change as we all serve the Lord in Unity. 

This week has been crazy... like 3 in 1 crazy. Sister Layton decided that she wanted to straighten my hair on Wednesday! 

We had a lot of this going on this week and that also included my first ever Mission Leadership Council (MLC). This is a meeting where all of the leadership in the mission get together and we have a giant council (kind of like a ward council) and we try to figure out new goals for the mission and areas of focus with President. It is a time for Revelation and Sister Layton and I are grateful for the things that we learned. We ended up giving a presentation on Members and President asked us to do our musical number for the closing hymn.
​​​
Our main focus for this area is going to be (okay for me at least) focusing on my Savior. We have trainings that we are doing this week and the questions we asked our zone and Sisters to ponder was "What does a belief in Christ do for me"? And you know what I have really learned that this week. We need to have Christ as our center. Plain and simple. 

We had a cool miracle this week. We were preparing for a dinner message and Sister Layton had a scripture in mind about what to share so as she was looking for it I was praying and asking Heavenly Father to know what to do. I had an impression come to my mind to do the message in 3 Nephi 11:15 about when Christ visits the Americas and shows himself unto the multitude. As I finished explaining it to Sister Layton, she turned to me and told me that that was the scripture that she was looking for. I loved it! We shared it at our dinner message which consisted of our member Stephanie and her non-member friend and guess what her friend Savannah texted her yesterday asking her if she could help her find a church and missionaries around her to teach her!!!!! Miracle! 

We had a lot of other amazing things that happened this week but I don't have the time to write them all out. Sister Layton and I both have really bad memories so it has been interesting but good because we get things done right away so we don't forget. We go on our first set of exchanges this week! Oh and we had a traditional Chinese Dish called Hotpot this week with a Mandarin Member. I would explain it... but you might just want to google it. This upcoming week is going to be, in the words of Sister Layton, "hoppin". I love you all! 

Love,
Sister Jensen  




No comments:

Post a Comment