Monday, September 22, 2014

I gave a Book of Mormon to a Buffalo...well I tried

Hi Daddy!!
Managerial Communications huh?? Man I have no clue what that means!! I hope that it goes well. You will have to let me know what that entails. My ward up here is still working on coming back from the recent boundary changes. We now are super little and I am not even sure that we have a choir yet. But once we do I will totally drag my companion to it. I miss music a lot, especially as a stress relever. Great job on that Flute! I don't think I could trust myself with taking it apart and knowing how to put it back together again. How is Danny's show going?? I wish I could be there to see it, you know how much I love Les Mes and marching band :) Life here is pretty great. Some days are better then others, but I just have to remember that this is not my work it is the Lords and it will go about in His time, and will go forward with me or without me. It just all comes down to if I want to recieve the blessing from doing it!! How is missionary work going in the home ward?? I have learned that it is super hard to do it without the members help and that is works a lot better if missionaries and members are working together to bring people to Christ.
Oh and I hope you don't mind. There is a lady named Sister Glory Mansory in my ward. She is about 75 and is a wonderful lady!! She will be traveling to Phoenix sometime soon and is worried about getting to Yuma afterwards because she will have to wait for the shuttle for a long time. I know that she won't have any trouble, but I gave her your phone number so that in case anything goes wrong, she has someone she can call to calm her down and help her out.
This week we have zone conferance and interviews with President Nicholas!! It should be a good week and I hope that you have a great one as well!!

Love you lots
Sister Kelliann Jensen

OH MY GOODNESS!! I am so glad that Josh is finally done with his Paramedic schooling!!! That is so cool and I am super happy for him. Man us Jensen's sure know how to get what we want!! Tell Josh to write me!!! I miss his puns haha!!! Oh and his new girlfriend is beautiful!! (However he is not allowed to get married while I am gone, only engaged).

Hi Mom!!!
I am so sorry that you have to work over night at Target. I remember the first inventory I was there for and the power went out. People still wanted to shop!! I guess it will go to show how motivated a person can be. Speaking of motivated, I have realized just exactly how stubborn I am this week. No matter the doubts, no matter the things that run through my head, I have gotten to the point that no matter what I will always live the gospel. I might not understand everything now, but as I push forward every day I learn more and understand better the gospel and how it benefits our lives. I am not even sure what I would do with my life if the gospel wasn't true, and if I didn't have a Heavenly Father and the gospel of Christ to help guide my choices and life. One thing that I have learned this week is that Heavenly Father is not going to take away someones agency. We ALWAYS have the choice in our lives. We can choose to be happy, we can choose to feel the spirit, we can choose to change, and we can choose to except and follow the things that Heavenly Father has placed in our lives. He truly does love ALL of His children, and has provided everything for us so that we can be happy in life. We are not meant to be miserable. Misery and doubt comes from the adversary. However love, hope, and trials that ultimately make us stronger in the end if we choose to live in harmony with the gospel are from Heavenly Father. Okay spiritual lesson aside! I am super happy to hear that everyone at Target is doing well and that I have planted the seeds in peoples lives. There truly is no hope to life without knowing our eternal purpose, and although sometimes it is scary to live up to, I know that we have all of our lives and the eternity to grow and to learn. Just because we do not understand something now doesn't mean that we won't understand it in the future. Heavenly Father knows just how we grow and when to give us the oppertunities to grow, we just need to except that we will learn and never ever give up. Oops sorry, another spiritual kick... It has been really nice here in Calgary. On wednesday we went downtown tracting as a zone. We took the C-train which is basically the light rail. We then split up into different companionships and met a whole bunch of people. I've gotta say that although I like downtown, I am realizing just how sheltered a life I have had when it comes to people. I will be sending some pictures in the mail so that you can see a bit of the adventures that we have been having here in Canada. (This includes a picture of me handing out a book of mormon to a buffalo)!! I am a little disapointed that you and the girls didn't write me letters this week!! The only letter I have gotten so far was from Cami Little (which I am super grateful for), but to be fair I haven't sent anything out yet either. Just know that I will be looking for letters from you and the girls (and Danny and Josh!!) every friday.
My debit card works just fine here! I am not sure if it would work it I used it in a store, but I had really just planned on pulling money out anyway so that I don't get charged mutliple times for using a U.S card in Canada. Apparently every time you use the card they charge you because it is foreign. So far so good on that front. I will let you know if I need anything about that in the future.
Last week on Monday, we went to the Mall in Chinook for P-Day. I bought a mickey mouse sweater for Pdays and service projects from Forever 21 and we went into Target to look at shoes for Sister Martin. I've gotta say that so far I am unimpressed with the Targets here, but I have only been in a small portion of one, so I will give a few more a try before I judge them. Today we are going to the zoo as a companionship. I've gotta say that I am realizing everyday how much Heavenly Father loves me and wants me to be happy. I think everyone knows how much I love animals and kids and I feel like that is all I deal with all day!! I love you lots and am super happy to hear that you are going great. I feel like I went from one weather crazy place to another. It is 27 degress celcius here today and lovely... I am not sure how to convert that so I will let you do so.
The work is a little slow here in Evergreen, but I know that it will pick up as we futher prepare ourselves and trust in the Lord that He has the power to bring forth his Gospel. Remember the the relief society general womens conferance is on Saturday and General Conferance is on the 5th and 6th!! It is super weird because they don't have it on TV here (unless it is the Muslim channel, don't ask) so we will have to go to the stake center for that!!
I love you all a pray for you every day!! Please give everyone hugs for me and let them know that I am doing well and growing everyday!! Keep enduring to the end!! The world if full of some many things that allow for our happiness and growth!!

Love Sister Kelliann Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment